Employee credit note/vendor bill in split transaction

jmk jmk at cmail.nu
Tue Feb 16 13:05:18 EST 2016

Not sure how correct this is but the workaround I am using:

Assets:Checking -$,1000
Expenses:Brokerage Fees: $500
Assets:A/R:Employee 1: $500

*Assets:A/R:Employee 1 is a "asset" type account.

I would continue with these transactions until the end of the month when I would create a new Invoice for a Customer with the employee's name as the "business name". I would then have to double entry each of these into the invoice and balance each against the Assets:A/R:Employee 1 account. When I post the invoice the designated Accounts Receivable account will show the new balance owed and the Assets:A/R:Employee 1 asset account will show $0.