Budget Totals

Dennis Powless claven123 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 11:07:38 EST 2016

Gnucash is a wonderful, and I might add free program.  But, it sometimes
takes a bit of tinkering and has a bit of a learning curve if your coming
from quicken (I did years ago).  Are you new to ubuntu? (that's a whole
separate issue, I run GC on mac, windows and linux, same file shared via
dropbox).

I do not using the budgeting feature either, I do think that quicken may
have a better budgeting feature, but for gnucash that is not the draw for
the program, its the other great features.  I use a spreadsheet for
budgeting (libreoffice) and that works great for me.  If the budgeting
feature is your top priority, then ask specific questions about that and if
it's not what you need, then gnucash may not be the program for you.
Remember, gnucash is not quicken.  I just had to re adjust how I did things
with gnucash vs how I did things with quicken, same great results though....

Good luck,