Budget Totals

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 18 11:22:42 EST 2016

I'm sorry, but it seems we are speaking at cross purposes. You started by raising an issue with budgets, but your most recent message implied that you were encountering inconsistencies in entered transactions, when you said,  "not even the checking account is adding and subtracting correctlly." My remark regarding accuracy was specifically in reference to that last part. If I misunderstood what you meant by that, then I apologize.
It seems that you are looking for a budgeting tool. Gnucash, as an accounting application primarily, focuses on tracking existing transactions. The budgeting features were added at a later point. Gnucash's accounting feature set is more mature than those for budgeting.
Since it appears that you are more interested in budgeting, you might be better served by a different application.
HTH,David

  On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 7:17, damienbricka at comcast.net<damienbricka at comcast.net> wrote:     I send to gnucash.org the first day a copy of a screen shot that was
  never posted. I understand that I am not fluent in Ubuntu but I cannot
  afford to be without a reliable accounting software so I had to go back
  to QUICKEN via a virtual something a virtual something a really did not
  want to do but when budgets are filled out and the totals are zeros and
  I have no idea why I have to take action. You say it is not gnucash
  then what is it?
  Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App