PPAs

Plutocrat plutocrat at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 05:30:35 EST 2016

I'm not sure this is the issue, but be aware that Linux Mint 17 is based on Ubuntu 14, so that's the repository you should be adding. So there should  be a file
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/getdeb.list
... containing
deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu trusty-getdeb apps

That's how it's set up on mine, and its been working fine.

Also, not sure if it makes a difference, but are you on Mint 17, 17.1, or 17.2 ? i.e. what does 'cat /etc/issue' say? I'm on 17.3