Budget report saved configurations interfere with one another across .gnucash files (+ unrelated question about keyboard bindings)

Macho Philipovich macho at resist.ca
Fri Feb 19 16:50:58 EST 2016

   Hi there,
   When I edit a saved budget report configuration in one .gnucash file,
   Gnucash loses parameters in saved budget reports associated with a
   separate .gnucash file. Is there any work-around to prevent this? Is it
   a known bug, or should I open a new one on the bug tracker?
   The details: I keep separate personal and business .gnucash files (i.e.
   sets of books). I've defined a single budget for each one, and created
   a few budget report saved configurations in each. When I initially
   generated these reports, they automatically used the (sole) budget that
   exists. But after I edit saved budget report configurations in one
   file, when I try to open the reports in the other, in place of the
   report I get "No budgets exist: You must create at least one budget". I
   can "edit report options" and select the (sole) budget to restore
   things to normal, but I'd prefer not to have to constantly do this.
   On an unrelated and somewhat less important note, it's a bit tedious to
   [desired report]. Has anyone had success at binding a Gtk keyboard
   shortcut to an action that opens a specific saved report configuration?
   If you can provide sample settings for ~/.gtkrc-2.0, it would be much
   appreciated!
   Thanks, as always, for your help!
   Macho