Transactions involving different currencies

rsbrux rsbrux at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 22 09:42:25 EST 2016

John Ralls-2 wrote
> Yeah, you missed the part about needing to enter the CHF amount, exchange
> rate, and EUR value in the Sparkonto split. You have to enter that split
> as
>            Account   | Shares | Price                       | Tot Buy |
> Tot Sell
> 	...Sparkonto | 10505  | 10505/(9935.42+49.68+14.90) |         |
> 9935.42+49.68+14.90
> GnuCash will do the arithmetic for you when you leave each cell so it
> won't look like that when you finish.

Thanks again for your explanation.  The screenshots came from the account
view of the security.  In this view I cannot set focus in the "Sparkonto"
line in either the Shares or the Price column.  I have tried to tab into the
fields as well as clicking in them. The only accessible fields to the right
of the account name in the Sparkonto line are Buy and Sell (which, BTW, is
what I would expect for a savings account, which has neither shares nor a
share price).  If I look at the transaction in the account view of the
Sparkonto, I don't even see columns for Shares and Price (which also seems
logical to me).  In which view should I try to enter the formulae that you
suggest above?

John Ralls-2 wrote
> Put the focus in a split. That will change the header to show separate
> account and reconciled columns.

Thanks, that did the trick!