Reports chapter in guide

Anton Kratz anton.kratz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 20:28:38 EST 2016

> In my opinion, the Help and the Guide serve different purposes.  The
> Help document is "I found this menu item/report/etc in the UI -- what
> does it do?" whereas the Guide is more about "I want to do X, how do I
> do it in GnuCash".

This.

I think that the two different types of documentation are a stroke of
genius and it made learning GnuCash so much easier for me. In the previous
emails in this thread, I see no convincing argument why they should be
merged into one. I can just reiterate what the previous poster wrote, these
are two different documents: the guide is about *concepts*, and the manual
is about what the individual menu items etc achieve. I wish more software
would split it like that, it makes absolutely sense.

bw,
Anton