How do TURN OFF: double clicking transaction goes to split ledger

ed65love ed65love at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 03:51:34 EST 2016

>> How can I turn this off?
>>
>> If others like it, at least give us an option.
>>
>> I used to be able to change a transaction quickly and easily, now I
>>
> have to
>> muck about with a split transaction. This is not an improvement.
>
> Double clicking what and where?  What OS and what version of GC?

Windows 8.1 with Gnucash 2.6.7.

> Er are you talking about the View >> Basic Ledger option that is
> already there ?  Have you changed this to Auto-Split Ledger which
> will expand transactions to show all the splits when you click or
> double click on them ????

No, that's not where the problem lies. I understand that option, and
it's very helpful.

I refer to behaviour when I'm reconciling an account. If I click on a
transaction in the new popup window, it takes me to a Split view every
time, no matter what the setting. Even for non split transactions.

It never used to do this. Is this something new?

It's annoying, as I love the product overall, and recommend it to
anybody who shows the slightest interest.

Thanks in advance!

	Ed