Passwords for MySQL

Bill Starrs wjstarrsiii at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 10:50:44 EST 2016

I couldn't tell from prior messages, but is your MySQL server on the
samd machine you are running GnuCash on or is it elsewhere on the
network / remote?  I was seeing this last week when I moved from XML to
a MariaDB instance running on my NAS.  I was absolutely sure the
password was right but got the same message.

The issue for me was that when you create a new user in MySQL, by
default it only allows login from localhost.  I had to go back in and
modify it to allow authentication from other machines.  Then everything
worked fine.