725512: (The official symbol for Canadian dollar is "$", not "C$" )

R. Victor Klassen rvklassen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 20:50:45 EST 2016

This has been open for about a year and a half now, since it was introduced with the upgrade to 2.6.x.

It is more than a minor cosmetic issue, as any time the suggestion “just copy the report into a spreadsheet” is made, this translates to

-> copy and paste into a spreadsheet.
-> save as csv
-> open in a text editor (with regular expression search and replace)
-> replace all instances of C\$ with $.
-> save
-> re-open in spreadsheet.

Otherwise the spreadsheet does not recognize values with C$ as numbers.

Meantime, all invoices have the rather unprofessional-looking C$ throughout, unless I go through the above steps with them.

With every release I have been hoping to see that this has been addressed,   Is there any idea which release will have this fixed?