New User, some questions before setting up

Joan Bornemann mjplus7 at verizon.net
Sun Jan 3 21:02:42 EST 2016

Hi Everyone

I am trying to set GNUcash up for a small business that is going into it's
4th year.

I was keeping track on excel sheets, but now find the need to move to this
program

I am wondering how to start off the year, do I need to actually start by
entering invoices from last year so that payments coming in for those
invoices will post correctly?  Or just enter the payments received so far
(applicable to last year's invoices)?

If so, should I also set up entering the previous years to have everything
on GNUcash?

Thanks so much!

Joan

---