Dates for Quarters

John Morris johnjeff at editide.us
Mon Jan 4 14:50:52 EST 2016

Hi All,
  I've been using GnuCash for some time now and it is mostly working well. However, I've run into a new issue and I don't know how to get GnuCash to do what I need. I'm keeping the books for a nonprofit whose fiscal year starts on September 1. Accordingly, the organization's quarters start on Sept 1, Dec 1, Mar 1 and Jun 1, not the standard quarters. I would like to save a report configuration that reports all the transactions for the previous quarter grouped by account. The "grouped by account" part is easy, but I don't see how to make the report automatically start the report on the right date. Is there a way to tell GnuCash that we are using a nonstandard fiscal year and to make the quarters start on the corresponding dates? Ideally, this would apply to just the one set of accounts because I also keep the books for another organization that uses the standard Jan 1 fiscal year.

Thanks,
John