replace "increase and decrease" with deposite and withdraw

DennisonBerwick dennisonberwick at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 19:46:05 EST 2016

Happy new year.
I'm a newbie but excited to have found GnuCash.
One thing is puzzling me and I've looked in the Manual and here on the Forum
for an answer - how do I change the column headings in Accounts from
decrease and increase to withdraw and deposit?  I wondered maybe if it
wasn't possible - but I've just seen a video in which the columns are
labelled with withdraw and deposit, which seems more logical.  I understand
that maybe the thinking was decrease and increase is "simpler" but it's not
clearer - after all, if I go to a bank I don't say I want to increase my
cheque, I say I want to deposit it, or withdraw money.

Sorry if this questions has already been answered.
Many thanks