[Bulk] Hire agreements

Katie Eldridge eldridgetideswell-katie at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 5 08:37:04 EST 2016

Hi Alex,
I'm a newcomer and not an accountant, but how I'd do this would depend
how I was paying for it..

If I was paying by standing order or direct debit, I would show the
payments as you suggest:  to do this I would make a bill for the full
amount, probably with a due date of the final payment (although I seem
to remember discussion on this list in relation to long term contracts
and payment due dates if you want more complex); then set up a scheduled
transaction to record the actual payments against this bill.

If I was being sent a monthly bill, I would just enter it as a separate
monthly bill (we do this for our phone contract even though it's
technically a two year agreement, rather than having the recurring
amount and then separately recording any calls which were not included
in the call plan).

Hope that helps,

Katie