Installing on iMac

Robert Kesterson robertk at robertk.com
Tue Jan 5 21:51:57 EST 2016

> John Ralls <mailto:jralls at ceridwen.us>
> January 5, 2016 at 4:47 PM
> Since you say that you were frustrated with Quickbooks shortcomings
> with [the] OS X environment, I should point out that GnuCash is not a
> native OS X application, so it has a rather ugly look to it and
> doesn't always behave the way a native program would. If that's
> important to you then you'll have to look elsewhere. I suggest the App
> Store.

I agree with you that Gnucash on the Mac doesn't look native at all, and
kinda sticks out.  However, having said that, I've tried lots of
different programs from the app store and elsewhere, and I keep coming
back to GnuCash.  I haven't seen anything else that has the double entry
concept down, or that handles splits with such ease.