Finding Invoice Type "?" / CSV Import Help

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Jan 12 06:23:24 EST 2016

On Friday 08 January 2016 08:42:35 Benjamin Soffer wrote:
> Thanks, Geert.  Yes, I am sure I cannot delete the offending invoice.
> When I try to delete the transaction, I get this message:
>

> “Cannot modify or delete this transaction.  This transaction is marked
> read-only with the comment: ‘Generated from an invoice.  Try
> unposting the invoice.’ “
>

> Of course, to unpost the invoice I have to first “find” the invoice.
> But GC cannot find it with the “find invoice” tool.  Thus, I’m stuck.
>

> I have not imported any transactions.  Every transaction in my GC was
> entered manually.

This is a very odd situation. I have no idea either how you got into it.

I am very curious to learn some more about it though. Would you be willing to send me a
copy of your data file in private for further investigation and hopefully finding a fix ? I will
treat it as sensitive data of course.

Regards,

Geert