Transactions involving different currencies

rsbrux rsbrux at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 12 06:31:24 EST 2016

I have a similar, but somewhat thornier problem.  I have transactions in
which a Euro-denominated fund was purchased from a Swiss franc (CHF)
account.  This seemed to work as I expected in GC 2.4.x, but is giving me
problems in GC 2.6.1.  An earlier transaction entered in GC 2.4. looks like
this:

The amount, SFr. 10,005 represents 10,000 Euro at the exchange in effect on
that date.
When I try to create a new transaction of this type, even if I duplicate the
existing transaction, GC creates an imbalance like this:

Apparently GC thinks that the security is CHF-denominated, when it is
actually EUR-denominated.
How can I fix this?