Announcement: GnuCash 2.6.11 Release 2016-01-11

Chris Tsuji ctsuji at cheerful.com
Tue Jan 12 23:24:11 EST 2016

   John
   Shoud one upgrade or stay with an old version.
   Sometimes when I upgrade, things are not compatible and I run into
   problems.
   Chris

   Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2016 at 8:07 PM
   From: "John Ralls" <jralls at ceridwen.us>
   To: "Chris Tsuji" <ctsuji at cheerful.com>
   Cc: "GnuCash Users List" <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>
   Subject: Re: Announcement: GnuCash 2.6.11 Release 2016-01-11

   On Jan 12, 2016, at 5:31 PM, Chris Tsuji <[1]ctsuji at cheerful.com>
   wrote:

   John
   Thank you
   Would I have to delete anything?

   That's up to you. If you drag Gnucash to the same folder that the old
   one is in, Finder will ask you if you want to replace it or keep both.
   You can avoid that by dragging the old one to the trash or renaming it,
   which is what Finder will do, except that IIRC it renames the new one
   rather than the old one (to Gnucash (1)). There's no problem with
   having both of them there and switching back-and-forth if you want.
   Just don't try to open the same book with both at the same time and
   don't edit preferences from one when the other is open.

   Regards,
   John Ralls