Is this suitable software

Mike or Penny Novack mpnovack at mtdata.com
Fri Jan 15 11:41:00 EST 2016

> As Mark said in his response, you can easily create subaccounts to track
> the boys' individual contributions. HOWEVER, GnuCash provides no automated
> facility to allocate transactions across 40 subaccounts. Some of the
> GnuCash's features (autocompletion, for example) can make the task simpler
> upon repetition, but I'm not sure that alone would be an improvement over a
> carefully created spreadsheet.
Sorry, but in the general case, what would there be to automate? I would
think that in THIS case the amounts per scout would all be different
depending on the job and how much paid and whether worked in that
interval and so on an irregular basis.  Would have to be individually
entered. Perhaps somewhat different if were collecting a set amount from
each (think weekly dues for a club) but even then probably unpredictable
who showed up in a given week and who didn't.

Just because a task is onerous doesn't mean it can be automated. THAT is
a matter of how regular or irregular.

Michael