Beginner Issues with GNUCash

soulrade bosemajor at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 17 16:57:42 EST 2016

Hi Liz,

Thanks for coming back to me.

What i meant about the dates was when I import a transaction in Bank which
is a transfer to Paypal. The software makes a record in the Paypal account
with the date, description used from the Bank transaction. Subsequently
afterwards when I start pulling in the Paypal records, the system finds a
matching entry and ignores it, which is ok. But now that ignored transaction
holds a date and description that doesn't match Paypal. After I had done a
few, it was proving hard to reconcile the Paypal transactions because they
all had the Bank transaction details.

1. Does this keep all the account structure still in place? If so where is
this located?

2. Will give it a try.

3/4/5/6. In fact messing around with the software I found an option on
import U/R that allows you to update the matched entry. I tried two
transactions and it updated it with the Paypal details. So now I can always
reference which transaction in Paypal belongs to which in the Bank. This
might be the option I was looking for :). Love the design of the software
very user friendly. Just got to get it to work so I can reconcile the
statements easily. Going to give it a full try now.