Beginner Issues with GNUCash

Mike or Penny Novack mpnovack at mtdata.com
Sun Jan 17 17:23:22 EST 2016

On 1/17/2016 3:40 PM, soulrade wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is my first time using an accounting package and have come across some
> User Interface issues or the issues that is making things very difficult.
>
> 1. First issue is, since I am testing the accounting program for starters, I
> found it very difficult to reset the data. I had to go through line by line
> deleted each and every transaction. Not sure why a mass select all feature
> doesn't exist or even a reset button. Would have made life so much easier.

I might be misunderstanding this issue (what you meant by ALL data).

But if you really meant all, both transactions AND the CoA (it was a
TEST set of books) it would have been easy to "reset" it to the state
befroe you had entered anything. You would have simply deleted the file
where you had saved the data.

Data is not the program, the program is not the data, repeat.

Michael