running concurrent gnucashes with one database

Adrian Mariano radian at cox.net
Sun Jan 17 23:59:09 EST 2016

I have been using gnucash for many years with the database stored on
one computer where gnucash must be run.  Lately this has become
problematic, so I am wondering if it is possible to put the database
somewhere but run gnucash and access the database over the network,
possibly with multiple gnucash programs running (and accessing the
database) at the same time.

I noticed some talk about using SQL with gnucash.  Does SQL provide
the capability I'm interested in?  If so, any advice on setting it up
under linux?