GnuCash and Swedish accounting legislation

Draug draug at kolabnow.com
Mon Jan 18 03:18:46 EST 2016

Hi,

For quite a while I've used GnuCash for the accounting of my company,
but recently I've come to question if it's legal to use GnuCash for that
purpose. According to Swedish accounting legislation, you are not
allowed to use accounting software that allows you to edit registered
transactions (where they use Excel as an example), which to my knowledge
is quite easy to do in GnuCash, even after reconcilation. Swedish
accounting legislation requires that every mistake is corrected with
another transaction, and that the mistake is left intact in the records.

Is there anything that I've missed that makes it possible to use GnuCash
in accordance with Swedish law? I really want to avoid switching to some
proprietary, cloud-based accounting software that costs $12 a month to use.

Yours sincerely,
Draug