GnuCash and Swedish accounting legislation

Draug draug at kolabnow.com
Mon Jan 18 15:26:48 EST 2016

After being in contact with the Swedish Account Standards Board, they
effectively said the following (rough translation):

"Generally it can be said that the accounting should be done in an
enduring way. That means that what has been recorded should not be able
to be erased or in any other way made unreadable. The recording of a
transaction in an accounting software in which the transaction records
can be erased or edited is not done in an enduring way. The accounting
must be lockable, which means if you use an accounting software there
must be a function that makes it so that a transaction can not be edited
or removed - to satisfy the demands of endurance in the Swedish
accounting legislation."

I've replied with some more questions regarding where they draw the
line, as I pointed out pretty much everything can be edited or redone if
you want to. But it still seems I'm out of luck using GnuCash for my
company. Is there anything I can do in GnuCash to satisfy the demands of
the Swedish accounting legislation? Otherwise I might have to redo all
my accounting in some other program..