GnuCash and Swedish accounting legislation

Pedro Albuquerque palbuquerque73 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 01:32:50 EST 2016

Ter, 2016-01-19 às 07:46 +1100, Liz escreveu:

> On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 21:26:48 +0100
> Draug <draug at kolabnow.com> wrote:
>
> > I've replied with some more questions regarding where they draw the
> > line, as I pointed out pretty much everything can be edited or redone
> > if you want to. But it still seems I'm out of luck using GnuCash for
> > my company. Is there anything I can do in GnuCash to satisfy the
> > demands of the Swedish accounting legislation? Otherwise I might have
> > to redo all my accounting in some other program..
>

> Every week, or other period, burn a copy of your data file(s) to a CD-R.
> Call the latest one your enduring copy.
>
> Disclaimer: I live in Australia, and if someone makes a stupid law, we
> work around it, because that is our culture. This contributes to the
> most complex tax system devised as the ATO chases intelligent people
> working out ways not to pay their share.

I think you Australians, would loose with us Portuguese. Our tax system
is the most complicated ever, and taxes everything, including taxes
already payed.

Anyway, about the topic, here business softwares have to be online with
the tax authority. Almost everything done is automatically registered in
their machines.
So, GC is extremely useful to keep our own private records, but can't be
officially used.

Regards,
Pedro.