Beginner Issues with GNUCash

Larry Evans cppljevans at suddenlink.net
Wed Jan 20 03:30:40 EST 2016

On 01/18/2016 07:05 PM, soulrade wrote:
> Been trying for the past few hours and seems there's no way to update the
> exchange rate on import. I have to go into each and every transaction one by
> one, second time round to update them individually again. I'm not missing an
> option here or something or does the option not exist?
>
> I have about 3000-4000 lines to do this to, going to be very hard work
> processing them all twice.
>
> Any options guys?

Since nobody else has replied, I'd guess maybe you'd have
to program the conversion using some sort of script.  IIRC,
there's some sort of python interface to gnucash, and maybe that
could be used; however, that would require, I assume, a fair
amount of work in itself.  Also, I've never done this so
someone else who has done some python interfacing would
obviously know more.

BTW, this program:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/piecash

has been mentioned before in this newsgroup.

Python guys?

-Larry