A/P Register Question

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 20 14:45:03 EST 2016

Hi,

Joseph Pellegrino <jdpellegrino at comcast.net> writes:

> I recently updated from 2.6.3 to 2.6.11 and I noticed that after the
> migration how payments posted in A/P seemed to change and I was
> wondering if someone could give me more information about it. I think
> that I read in the archives that changes were made to clean up the use
> of "Lot Links” which may apply to my question. So, in 2.6.3 if I made
> one payment against multiple invoices the A/P register might read:
>
>  T	Ref		 Payment		Bill
>  P	Payment	16
>  L	Lot Link	  			16
>  L	Lot Link	  1
>  L	Lot Link	  5
>  L	Lot Link	10
>
> A single payment from to A/P through the “Process Payment” Dialog
> would generate a register as shown above.
>
> Now that register looks like this:
>
>  T	Ref		 Payment
>  P	Payment	   1
>  P	Payment	   5
>  P	Payment	 10

Correct; this was reverting to the old (2.4) behavior which reduces the
number of extra transactions you get in A/R, and actually makes a lot of
processing easier.

> Is there a way to show the total payed in the register kind of like
> what I had before? And although it’s less important, I wouldn’t mind
> surpassing all the individual payments, they should probably be under
> a split I would think.

Sure, click on one of the split-lines in question and then click on the
"Split" button to open up the full transaction.  You'll be able to see
the Credit split which would be the total amount that came from your
bank account.