Using invoices

John W gonewest at westnet.com.au
Tue Jan 26 03:30:09 EST 2016

Hi
I am using GC 2.6.11 with Windows 10 and have been using the package for
personal finances for some time.  What a wonderful example of how
software should work!!

Recently, I had the need to use invoices and there is a good chance this
will be ongoing.

I was unaware that GnuCash incorporates such robust business
capabilities.  I have spent the better part of 2 days learning what
GnuCash can do with invoices and payments.  After several dead ends, I
have achieved all I wanted except for the following two questions:
1    I wish to number my invoices using the format XXXX eg. I want an
invoice to be numbered as 0010 rather than 10.  I have been unable to
get the autonumbering facility working with this format and have had to
use manual entry.  Any pointers?

2    I have designed a style sheet called hosting to present printed
invoices the way I want them.  That has worked fine.  However, each time
I enter a new invoice, I have to manually select 'Hosting' and then
change  what is in the display columns, display and general tabs.  The
existing default style sheet does not offer enough options.  Is there a
way to make 'hosting' a default and can the boxes and text that I want
in 'hosting' be made to stay as I set them?

Perhaps I am just being ambitious in hoping that I can get perfection
instead of merely near perfection.......

Phantom