Using invoices

Plutocrat plutocrat at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 05:01:24 EST 2016

John W wrote on Tuesday, 26 January, 2016 04:30 PM:
> 1    I wish to number my invoices using the format XXXX eg. I want an invoice to be numbered as 0010 rather than 10.  I have been unable to get the autonumbering facility working with this format and have had to use manual entry.  Any pointers?

I was playing with this too recently. I discovered in
 File > Properties > Book Options > Counters
you can define the invoice current number and Invoice Number Format. It says it uses a printf style formatting.

I think what you're after might be %04d in the Invoice Number Format field. That will pad the number out to four digits I gather.

I wasn't successful with mine. I need the number to look like B00123 and couldn't figure out how to include a letter at the front.

P.