libchipcard and hbci-tool4 for Gnucash V2.6.11

Arnd Hostert arnd.hostert at t-online.de
Tue Jan 26 14:36:36 EST 2016

John,

thanks for the quick reply!

I had assumed that the hbci-tool4 is included in the package, but it appears not to be so then. Also I just realised that the correct name is "aqhbci-tool4".
In fact it is the optional component, libchipcard that I was interested in. I tried to get the chipboard working via the aqbanking wizard. New User Wizzad. I chose “Import an already used chipcard”. Next was a popup: “Chipboard Error. Error checking chip card (-1073756100). Maybe libchipcard or its plugins are not installed?”.

Thats why I had contacted you to see if the chipboard lib has been included, but I will need to look for another explanation then if, as you say, it is not used.

Does anyone else have any ideas n how to get chipboard support working in GnuCash 2.6.11 on Mac OSX?

Kind regards

ARnd