Online quotes works for stock but not for currencies

Plutocrat plutocrat at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 02:00:31 EDT 2016

Hiya,

John Ralls wrote on Wednesday, 06 July, 2016 12:24 PM:
> gnc-fq-update is one of the perl scripts that are GnuCash's interface to Finance::Quote. It should be installed in the appropriate bin directory (usually /usr/bin on Linux/BSD). There are GUI wrappers provided in the Win32 and Mac OS X all-in-one bundles, "Install Online Quotes" and "Update Finance Quote", respectively. If it's really not on your system and you need Finance Quote you need to have a chat with the GnuCash packager for your distro.

I don't actually use that functionality, so I don't need it (and hence my unfamiliarity with it!). But for the record, all I have on my system are the following, which are all in /usr/bin
 gnc-fq-check   gnc-fq-dump    gnc-fq-helper

Not a sign of gnc-fq-update and dpkg -L gnucash / gnucash-common doesn't mention it anywhere.
I'm using the getdeb packages, latest version of gnucash.

Anyway, as I say, I don't use it, so not an issue for me.

P.