Inadvertent data file loss

Dustin Henning The00Dustin at gmx.com
Wed Jul 13 16:44:59 EDT 2016

I'm not incredibly familiar with Macs, but they do run a proprietary
flavor of *nix, and I suspect that other applications don't behave this
way (that is to say that when one double-clicks a .jpg file, I suspect
they see the appropriate image in whatever application they have
associated with .jpg files as opposed to the last image they had
opened).  That having been said, while such a change might prevent some
confusion (and also be as simple as not having .gnucash file associated
with an application), I find it difficult to believe there is an
unaddressable issue that causes this behavior.  Unfortunately, I only
know about the bug from reading this list, so I can't point toward a bug
report or any sort of additional diagnostic information.  It wouldn't be
surprising to me if the issue was in an underlying component that the
GnuCash developers build on top of and don't directly influence (for
instance, Gtk has problems with the US-International keyboard layout
when used in Windows, so all apps built on Gtk reflect that problem),
but it should certainly be addressable if the right persons wanted to
address it.

Dustin