Multi currency Transactions cannot be exported from the Android App - Why?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jul 14 10:11:38 EDT 2016

Hi Mike,

Mike Stillingfleet <mikestillingfleet at fastmail.co.uk> writes:

> Dear All,
>
> The Android App supports multi currency transactions in exactly the same
> way as the Windows version of GNU Cash.
>
> However when I export these transactions to drop box for uploading into
> my desk top version of GNU Cash it exports everything except any multi
> currency transactions which are ignored and dumped. They do not go to
> the exported file neither are they left in the Android App (assuming you
> opted to delete exported transactions).
>
> I cannot understand why this should be.
>
> Why would you permit multi currency transactions to be entered into the
> Android App and then prevent them from being unloaded to the desk top?
>
> I have a work around, cack handed it may be, but it works for me. Now I
> have created accounts on the phone such as Cash in Wallet - Euro -
> Phone. I keep the currency on these accounts as GBP. This means that the
> transactions entered in the local currency are included in the export.
>
> When I have uploaded the transactions on the desk top I edit each
> transaction to move it into it's appropriate currency account and update
> the conversion rate as appropriate for each transaction.
>
> Are there any plans to include Multi Currency Transactions in the export
> of transactions from the Android App?

The Android App, while using our name, is an unrelated project and not
maintained by us.  You will have to go to their support site and ask
them directly.

Sorry,