Multi currency Transactions cannot be exported from the Android App - Why?

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Thu Jul 14 16:16:51 EDT 2016

On Thu, 14 Jul 2016 10:11:38 -0400
Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Mike Stillingfleet <mikestillingfleet at fastmail.co.uk> writes:
>
> > Dear All,
> >
> > The Android App supports multi currency transactions in exactly the
> > same way as the Windows version of GNU Cash.

snip

> > Are there any plans to include Multi Currency Transactions in the
> > export of transactions from the Android App?
>
> The Android App, while using our name, is an unrelated project and not
> maintained by us.  You will have to go to their support site and ask
> them directly.
>
> Sorry,
>
> -derek

I looked at this a little last week.
If you go to the page for GooglePlay and the Android app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.gnucash.android
It has two links at the bottom.
One of those is "Visit Website" which links to
http://www.gnucash.org/
and the other is email developer
gnucash.org at gmail.com

IMO the correct website would be
https://github.com/codinguser/gnucash-android

back to the original questions..
Did you export XML, QIF or OFX?
QIF does not support multicurrency.
I've not tried any of the other export formats to see if they deal with
multi-currency.

Liz