Imbalance account

csmbtreasurer treasurer at celticsociety.org
Fri Jul 15 16:40:16 EDT 2016

I can assure you, I am very familiar with double entry bookkeeping and have
used several different software accounting packages.  The whole point of my
question is that I have no idea how this transaction appeared in my
register.  It's possible I started to enter an imbalanced transaction and
forgot that I did it which would explain what is going on.

I'm a new user of gnucash and still getting used to how it works but I will
say that all the other accounting packages I've used don't allow an
unbalanced transaction to be entered which I think is the way gnucash should
work.