Account associations with Description are not "remembered"

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 23:14:06 EDT 2016

Hello Brooks,

GnuCash can remember where you assigned a transaction labeled AC-DELMARVA
POWER -DIRECT PAY to the next time you import from the same bank account by
using a technique called Bayesian Matching.  This process is inexact but
usually very powerful unless you start changing your mind after several
imports.  Check out other threads for more discussion about that.

That process needs to have some knowledge of what you did in the past, and
(I think) it works separately for imports into different accounts, so if
you use different bank accounts in different months it will take longer to
collect useful history.

QFX imports have some other potential "gotcha"s to watch out for, but once
you learn what to watch for in your specific data and the way you use it,
they work fairly well.

David C