Tracking cash

Mike or Penny Novack mpnovack at mtdata.com
Fri Jul 22 08:42:07 EDT 2016

On 7/20/2016 1:12 PM, Rob Cussons wrote:
> Thanks some very useful and quick responses.
>
> I have the current assets parent, but I don't want all of those accounts
> as, for example, they contain things like Childcare voucher balance which I
> can't easily retrieve the cash from. Also I don't have liabilities split
> into current and long term (I maybe should).
>
> The balance sheet gives what I want for now, but I would like a monthly
> view on a particular date in a month preferably in the form of a graph over
> the last year. Is there a way to achieve that in gnucash, or would I have
> to pull the balance sheet data into excel?
>
> Thanks,
> Rob.

Pull the balance sheets into a spreadsheet and use the spreadsheet app's
GENERAL editing abilities. Look, I am not saying that a programmer
couldn't write what would produce the report you desire WITHIN gnucash.
And then write one to produce the slightly different request of somebody
else. And maybe that's not ad infinitum but no obvious end to the
possibilities.

Michael D Novack