complete newbie here

Aaron Laws dartme18 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 11:41:50 EDT 2016

On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 11:46 PM, kenny at EVN <twotankminimum at gmail.com>
wrote:

> not having much luck searching
>
> high my name is kenny and i recently got involved with and need to learn
> some basic bookkeeping as applied to a simple brick and mortar retail
> store.
> this store has off loaded the payroll by hiring all employees through a
> temp
> agency so they just get a bill from the temp agent. no payroll to deal
> with.
> also year end taxes will be hired out to a pro. i do need to do a good job
> of tracking the $ so that pro can do a good job on the taxes at the end of
> the year and so that the company knows the what where when and how the
> money
> is moving through out the year.
>
> never done anymore accounting than preventing my bank account from going
> negative...lol live a very simple life with few bills and simple income
> source. i now need to learn how to track and or record sales, purchases,
> bills, product loss, self use of product, product used for sampling,
> expenses like transportation and such. it does not seam like i need a full
> blown software suite but not sure what i need since i dont really know what
> i need to do. maybe i can actually just keep the books on paper?
>
> any recommendations on threads or topics i should read before asking too
> many questions?
>
> thanks in advance, i look forward to learn many knew things in this
> adventure
> kenny

Perhaps this can help you learn accounting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkZ6Q67Q15E&list=PL259DBFA47F3B4761 I think
it will teach you everything you need for this endeavor. For learning how
to put these principles into gnucash, use
http://www.gnucash.org/viewdoc.phtml?doc=guide

This is the right place to ask gnucash questions, and this list has a good
history of answering accounting questions, too. Good luck!