Should I update?

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 12:36:16 EDT 2016

On 25 July 2016 at 17:22, Dianna Broughton <dbroughton at comporium.net> wrote:
> I have GnuCash v 2.6.10 and it's been working great for me. Should I be
> updating each time a new version comes out? If yes, any tips about updating?

If the version you have is doing everything you need then I would not
worry too much about updating. Make sure that you back up your
.gnucash file regularly.  When you do wish to update then the first
thing is make another copy of your file (and then double check that
you can open the copy in gnucash ok, using File > Open). Don't forget
to then File > Open the original again or it will automatically open
the copy next time you run gnucash.  You have not told us which OS you
are using so I cannot advise on how to update GC itself, but once you
have done so you should just be able to open the .gnucash file again
and carry on.

Colin