Bug in new version? Unable to post to Accounts Receivable

karen Yvon karen_myb at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 29 10:13:35 EDT 2016

Hi Liz and Derek,
Thank you for your help, and sorry in the delay in replying. Indeed Derek, issue was solved when I changed Customer Currency, Global Currency and Report currency to the one used by the A/Receivable account.
Thank you

    On Thursday, 28 July 2016, 19:51, Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

 Hi Karen,

karen Yvon via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I just upgraded to 2.6.13 and I'm having problems with posting
> invoices. I've been using the previous version for a few months
> now and I've never had this problem.
>
> After creating an invoice and clicking the Post button (good job on
> creating a button just for that btw), the "Post to" field in
> the pop up window is empty, and I am unable to select my Accounts
> Receivable account. The only option available to me is to create a new
> account. If I create a new Accounts Receivable account, the problem
> happens all over again for the next invoice ie Gnucash pretends I
> don't already have 2 a/r accounts already. I can't possibly
> create a new A/R account every single time I want to post an invoice.
>
> I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the program but there are no
> changes. Anybody have a solution or does this mean I need to downgrade
> back to 2.4.15?  I read all the threads but didn't see anything
> about this. If i missed a previous discussion on this, my apologies
> and please direct me to the solution. Thank you! This is preventing me
> from working...

You should verify that the currency of the Invoice is the same as the
currency of the A/R account.  If they don't match then you wont be able
to post.  You might need to go back to the invoice's customer to
determine their currency, or even back to your global preferences.

Moreover, also verify that your A/R account is actually the correct
type.

> Karen

      Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
      warlord at MIT.EDU                        PGP key available