Reopening Gnucash File

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 3 08:34:16 EDT 2016

I assume that when you say “search through all the GnuCash files” that you mean you search for the file in your operating system before you open GnuCash. If so, then you should know that each time you start GnuCash, it should automatically open the last file you had open. Therefore, unless you are working with multiple files, you don’t need to locate your data file to get it loaded the next time you open GnuCash. Just open GnuCash, and the file should load.

Note that if you *are* using multiple files, you will have to work around GnuCash’s “last-opened” feature.

David