GNUcash and Owncloud

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sat Jun 4 03:46:43 EDT 2016

On Thu, 26 May 2016 11:04:43 -0400
Cody Hofstetter <codyhofstettermailinglistemail at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I've just set up an Owncloud instance with collaborative document
> editing and am looking to share a set of books between my business
> partner and I. It's a small business and only the two of us have
> access to the server.
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has any experience using Owncloud/GNUCash
> together and has recommendations for ease of use, best practices
> they've found, and any other relevant info?
>
> Thanks!

As a single user I have a system. I work on the main files on my
machine. At a particular evening time when I am usually at the
computer, but unlikely to be thinking of financial stuff, a cron job
copies the Gnucash files to the other directory on my computer which
auto-syncs with the cloud system (I have OwnCloud, Dropbox and Box all
available). I do not copy the lock files.

My system would not be safe for 2 users to share data, it's just my
backup system.

Liz