UK Flat Rate VAT

Stuart Walsh stu at ipng.org.uk
Sat Jun 4 06:58:24 EDT 2016

On 3 June 2016 at 16:43, Henry Law <news at lawshouse.org> wrote:
> On 03/06/16 14:33, Stuart Walsh wrote:
>>
>> or example, an invoice for a sale of £1000 would generate the following:
>>
>> Sale: £1000
>> VAT: £200
>> Amount due to HMRC: £162 (13.5% of £1200)
>> Profit from using the flat rate scheme: £38 (£200 - £162)
>

> It works perfectly; I did it for some years.  The method is pretty much as
> you say.  A picture is worth a hundred words, so have a look at
> http://www.lawshouse.org/misc/FlatRate.png which is an entry from "Accounts
> Receivable", showing which bits are posted where; see if it answers your
> questions.  If not, post back here.

Thanks for this.  This answers the 'is it possible?' question quite
elegantly, but not quite the how.  Are you entering all of those split
parts manually or is there a way to automate it?  And are you still
able to put the customer-charged VAT (the 20%) portion on the actual
invoice?

If you could walk me through a quick example of how you enter and then

Thanks,

Stuart