"Gnucash.app" 2.6.12-2 is damaged after installing on Mac OS X 10.10.5

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Jun 5 15:25:48 EDT 2016

> On Jun 5, 2016, at 7:10 AM, Chris Velevitch <chris.velevitch at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> When I look at the checksum for each version I downloaded, they are all the same 863dcfbad91c544a8d4371fc5ed79e5a. I used md5 to calculate the checksum.

I dug into this a bit more. It appears that Apple has changed code signing for El Capitan in a way that if the signed app embeds a shell or Apple script the signature is invalid on earlier versions of OS X. As a temporary measure I made a version signed on Yosemite which you can download at https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/releases/download/2.6.12/Gnucash-Intel-Yosemite-2.6.12-1.dmg.

Regards,
John Ralls