What imports with the different import, exactly....

yary not.com at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 16:24:01 EDT 2016

I'm converting over business records from an on-line accounting
program, which started charging more for access in the middle of last
year than I wanted to pay. I exported everything I could in their own
CSV formats before the end of my subscription.

I'm good with file transformations and SQL, and have loaded in the
account tree, customers, vendors, bills, and invoices with all the
correct accounts, amounts, posting dates, etc.

What I'm left with are the payments from customers, payments to
vendors, bank transactions, and the general ledger for any
transactions not already covered.

I'm not sure how to proceed with the import, in particular, how to
import the customer payments & vendor payments? I imagine I can turn
the bank transactions into a QIF file & import that, and any
miscellaneous general ledger transactions I could use the "import
transactions as CSV" function.

But for the bill/invoice payments, which of the import options (if
any) would work for them, in such a way that I can specify all of: the
payment amount & date, the invoice/bill (from which it would get the
income or expense account), the cash/bank account, and memo? Does QIF
work for those too? Guess I can try it, writing out this email makes
it seem possible...

-y