External Program

Mark Mercer markm at woodjoint.ca
Thu Jun 9 18:34:53 EDT 2016

Thank you both for your replies.

What I actually did was I went into gnucash and created a record in one
of the sections and then I opened up SQL workbench and looked through
the tables.  The record I created actually made entries in three or four
tables so I studied what each table was for which guid's pointed to
where and then duplicated the records in the database and assigned new
guid's that I made up.  I opened gnucash and it did not display the new
records that I created. Any idea's?  I must be missing something.

I will use gnucash to enter most records but for these sales receipts I
think it will be a bit clunky.  I would rather create a robust app on my
own that can enter the data in a few clicks and selecting stuff from
dropdows etc.

If you could help me a little further to get this working it would make
everything so much simpler for me.

Thanks again.