External Program

Wm tcnw81 at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 11 07:18:56 EDT 2016

On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 00:30:50 -0230, in gmane.comp.gnome.apps.gnucash.user,
Mark Mercer <markm at woodjoint.ca> wrote:

> So yup, that fixed it!  So happy now.
>
> The only issue that comes to mind now is how do I make sure I don't
> generate duplicate guid's.  How does gnucash do it?  it cant be as
> simple as generate random ones and assume that the set is so large that
> there would never be a duplicate.

Presuming we're not doing guid theory
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Custom_Reports#Getting_Started
includes a GnuCash sensible way of generating a guid.

The reality is that since we only have one user at a time gnc's guid
requirements aren't really demanding and any time based guid will probably
do.

--
Wm