Issues with Invoicing in 2.6.12 on Win 7-64

Greg Feneis mfeneis at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 16:33:14 EDT 2016

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 11:12 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:

> Do you ever have taxable items?  If not, then just remove the Taxable
> column from the invoice report?

GF: It's been a couple of years since I started using GC, and I haven't
yet.  However I may in the future.  Plus, I'm worried it might be an audit
liability, having some record of items marked taxable for which I collect
no tax.  Just another thing to have to explain or take heat for in case I'm
audited.
​

> >> Other than that I agree it's a user interaction anomaly and I don't know
> >> the motivation to implement it as such. Perhaps Derek knows, but he may
> not
> >> be around right now.
>
> Well, it was implemented as a toggle-switch using the available register
> widgets.  That particular widget requires mouse entry to toggle.  It
> seemed like the right solution at the time, as there wasn't a widget
> that would allow tabbing into that would toggle between a list of items
> (to limit the input).
>
> Making the default setting an option would be one approach.  That would
> let you set it to default to "off" instead of "on".  Of course, then
> when you DID have a taxable entry you would need to use the mouse to
> swap the field.
>
> Another option would require changing the widget the allow tabbing into
> it.  That would probably be more work.

​GF:  Well I've been using GC for a while now and my only complaint are
these little UI smoothness issues.  I'd like it a bunch if this were fixed
up, but all-in-all, the program works great and suits my needs.  ​As I lurk
on this list, I see people getting help with much bigger problems, heh,
actual problems, not fussy UI issues.  All you developers keep up the good
work.  I'll turn this into a enhancement request and maybe it'll come true
some day.

Kind regards,

Greg Feneis