Issues with an Opening Balance in GnuCash

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 24 16:13:31 EDT 2016

Sorry, Geert, I didn’t mean to put intentions on you; I was summarizing my recollection of the various discussions over the years--most specifically, the thread that begins at https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2015-January/057506.html <https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2015-January/057506.html>. That particular thread had quite a bit of opinion, without a clear resolution.

BTW, the UserVoice entry you cite was only added a month or so ago, and so its lack of votes may have more to do with that, than actual user preferences.

Cheers,
David