changing the place where everything is saved

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 03:46:18 EDT 2016

On 26 May 2016 at 23:09, Daniel Norman <dmnorman3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> howdy folks — pretty basic question:
>
> right now everything in gnu cash saves to my desktop. which is a pain. how can i change the place where the save to avoid cluttering my desktop.

Use File > Save As to save your accounts file in an appropriate
folder.  All the backups and logs will also be stored there.  The next
time you open gnucash it should automatically open the one in the new
folder.  It would be a good idea to move the one on the desktop away
somewhere so that you don't accidentally open it again.

Colin